Auto Insurance AUTO

Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident.

Read More
Homeowners Insurance HOMEOWNERS

A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.

Read More
Flood Insurance FLOOD

Typical homeowners policies exclude flood damage. Get coverage now.

Read More
Earthquake Insurance EARTHQUAKE

Earthquake claims are best covered with a standalone policy.

Read More
Business Insurance BUSINESS

Discover the perfect insurance options to meet your specific and unique needs.

Read More
Life & Health Insurance LIFE & HEALTH

Learn about different health coverage options that fit your needs.

Read More

Have you been to a sports event or downtown festival lately? If you have, you’ve probably seen or even eaten at one of the numerous food trucks popping up all over the country. A fast and often delicious alternative to food delivery or dining in a restaurant, food trucks have become all the rage and aren’t going away any time soon. Thinking of starting your own food truck business? Look no further, Cliff Cottam Insurance Services is here to help. 

There are only two places in the United States that manufacture food trucks. You can purchase a basic truck or customize it with all of the equipment and accessories you need to complement your food. Once you buy your truck, you will need a commercial auto insurance policy to cover any damage to your truck as well as any attached equipment such as a grill, deep fryer, refrigerator, and steam table. Food trucks typically cost between $75,000 and $100,000 so you’ll want to choose a coverage limit high enough to cover that cost and make sure that you include the cost to replace your attached equipment too.

For your equipment that is not attached such as food items and cooking utensils, you’ll need an equipment floater. This type of coverage will cover damages to your equipment including theft.

Most places you will park your food truck require you to have General Liability Insurance. General Liability Insurance for food trucks protects your liability as the owner in the event that someone gets hurt on or near your truck as well as situations where your food may become contaminated. Make sure “food contamination” is a part of your policy as this is an essential coverage for food truck vendors to have.

If you have any employees, you will need a Workers’ Compensation Insurance policy. Workers’ comp covers your employees in the event that they get hurt or sick from their employment at your food truck. Not only is this coverage required by law in California but you will also want to have it in case an employee accidentally cuts or burns themselves when preparing food.

In addition to the insurance policies for food trucks, you will also need to get all of the appropriate permits and a health inspection. Once you complete all of the groundwork for your food truck, you will be ready to hit the streets! Don’t forget to have a catchy name for your truck and even paint it or vinyl wrap it in an eye-popping color to grab everyone’s attention and steer them to your truck! We cannot wait to try out your food and see how successful you will become.

Cliff Cottam Insurance Services is the choice local provider in Sacramento for food truck insurance. Call us at 916-488-4426 or contact us online for free quotes and further information.

food truck insurance quotes

Just want to enjoy some delicious food without the responsibility of owning a business? Check out upcoming Food Truck Mania events in the Sacramento area.

Posted 3:41 PM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2013
  • 2012
  • 2011
  • 2010

View Mobile Version
© Copyright. All rights reserved.
Powered by Insurance Website Builder