Happy New Year from the CCIS Team!
In this Issue
- Spirit of Giving Toy Drive
- Is Pay-As-You-Drive Insurance a Gimmick?
- Plan to Get Out of Debt
- 2010 Milestones
- Employment Opportunities
Spirit of Giving Toy Drive
Over the Holidays, Cliff Cottam Insurance Services sponsored a Toy Drive for needy children in the Sacramento area. Anne Siebum, partner/agent, graciously welcomed Santa and children into her family’s home. It was a great success with over 70 toys and gifts donated to needy children in our community. We were happy to have participated in this worthy cause.
Is Pay-As-You-Drive Insurance a Gimmick?
Pay-as-you-drive is a much publicized auto program touting lower auto premiums for consumers. However, will it really save you more on your insurance? Here are some key points to consider:
- Currently, annual mileage used in rating is usually not verified. The insured is simply taken at their word.
Pay-as-you-drive insurance will put in-place a program in which motorist's premiums are based on "verified and more accurate mileage". This could mean that you will be charged on the actual miles that you drive - - instead of an estimate. So, you may actually end up paying more than you do under the current rating system.
It is premature to know how this will all really affect consumers. However, it may have sparked competition between insurance companies. Mercury Insurance recently reduced their auto premium by 10%. This will save an average of about $36 per vehicle for a total of more than $72 million. This is good for all consumers.
Start the New Year with a “Plan to Get Out of Debt”
As Independent Agents we represent a carefully selected group of financially sound, reputable insurance companies. We are proud to have been chosen by Dave Ramsey as an "Endorsed Local Provider" for insurance products.
Dave is a well known and highly respected financial guru. He has taught financial principles to millions via radio, books, Financial Peace University, live events and online. Start the new year with a "Plan to Get Out of Debt". Get out of debt the same way you learned to walk—one step at a time. Get started on Dave's Plan: To find out what the 7 steps are visit: http://www.daveramsey.com/new/baby-steps/
With the new year beginning, it is the perfect time to reflect on last year’s accomplishments and set new goals for 2011. This year we:
- Created a new website offering many online features
- Implemented social networking (facebook, twitter and a blog)
- Recognized by Mercury Insurance as a top producer at their Annual Luncheon
- Cliff Cottam was reelected to serve as a board member on the Alliance of Insurance Agents and Brokers Board
- Was selected by financial guru Dave Ramsey as his “Local Endorsed Provider” for insurance products
Stay tuned, next year, we promise to launch even more great ways to better serve our clients. We are more committed than ever to helping you protect your property and assets.
We have partnered with California State University, Sacramento and Los Rios Community College to hire a Social Media Intern. This partnership will allow students to:
- Receive college credit
- Help prepare for future business careers
- Obtain a great business reference, or
- Become a permanent CCIS employee
If you are a student or know someone who may be interested, please pass this information along. To view the job announcement, click on Social Media Intern.